Original Ink Cartridge vs Compatible Ink Cartridge vs Remanufactured Ink Cartridge
Confused whether to buy the Compatible ink cartridge vs original ink cartridge or remanufactured ink cartridge. Here is a simple guide to help you better understand buying cheap ink cartridges which gives the same results as brand name cartridges.
Original vs Compatible vs Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
- Original Ink Cartridge: These are completely new cartridges and made by the same manufacturer as your printer. These are made according to the OEM specifications.
- Compatible Cartridges: These are manufactured with all new components. Every ink or toner cartridge we sell goes through extensive testing procedures to meet or exceed the OEM cartridge specifications for quality, yield and appearance.
- Remanufactured Cartridges: These are cartridges which are used once and then returned to the manufacturer by customers. They are disassembled, thoroughly cleaned and all wear items are replaced prior to refilling. Refilled cartridges, on the other hand, are just refilled with new ink or toner, then resold. Mixing ink and toner from different manufacturers is never advised.
Which ink cartridge is good for you ?
Well it completely depends upon two factors. The first factor to consider is how often you print and second is what are you printing ? If you are printing occasionally than consider buying an original ink cartridge as this will not dry up easily and if you love printing regularly than compatibles are the option you must be looking at. The price difference between the compatibles and original is staggering and this will save you a lot of money. So let’s say you are having a Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless, Duplex Printing printer which uses a Brother TN660 OEM High Yield Black Toner Cartridge which is about $60.10 but if you are using a compatible cartridge from a trusted brand like suppliesoutlet.com the same Brother TN660 Compatible Toner Cartridge High Yield is only $14.99.
Also, if you are printing only text and no images we recommend trying out compatible cartridges as they give the same results as original’s but if you love printing lot of images than original cartridges are for you.
Benefits of Using a Remanufactured Ink and Toner Cartridge:
- Environmental Impact: Remanufactured cartridges are made by taking durable parts like cases and metal internal parts and blending them with newly cast replacement parts made from the waste materials. The result, items that would otherwise be tossed into a landfill become new ink and toner cartridges with the savings being passed on to you. One manufacturer estimated that each of their cartridge keeps three pounds of waste out of landfill and saves three quarts of oil. On top of that if you are buying cartridge from your local manufacturer you can also reduce the carbon footprint by not buying the cartridges that are air freighted from long distances. So, every remanufactured cartridge are like lesser cartridges sitting in a land fill.
- Cost: The price difference between the OEM and remanufactured ink cartridge is amazing. Let’s take this as an example: My HP printer takes 932XL Black and 933XL C, M & Y. At $33.99 (Black) and $16.99 (Each Colors), the four cartridges cost $84.96. At Supplies Outlet, the same items are only $44.69, a 47% savings without any discounts! As they work perfectly so I won’t need to try the lifetime warranty.
- Quality: A superior quality remanufactured ink cartridge never compromised with the quality of the prints. Always looks for the ISO – 9001 & 14001 manufacturing procedures for buying the compatible cartridges. It is the most comprehensive of standards and you can expect superior and most consistent level of quality.
Compatible and Remanufactured Cartridges Void your Warranty?
This is simply not true. Under US Law (Section 2302, C), you’re protected. That simple. There is no reason for not using re-manufactured or compatible cartridge. They work well and save you lots of money.
The Supplies Outlet Advantages
Lifetime Warranty. Not limited to 90 days like many OEM or Original Equipment Manufacturers. You buy our compatibles and we back it all the way with no hassles.
Same Day Shipping. Just order by 6pm Eastern, 3pm Pacific, and it ships the same day from one of our four distribution centers.
With over 7,000 unique items and over a million items in stock, unless you’re still rocking a 1979 Epson MX-80, we’ve probably got the item in stock for you. By the way, we do have the ribbons in stock for that old dot matrix Epson.
A Final Note on Recycling
We get asked all the time, what can I do with my old ink and toner cartridges – donate them. Funding Factory is just one of many recycling programs available for schools and charities. In fact, when my kids were in elementary school, the school collected used cartridges to help fund their computer lab. It’s a Win-Win-Win. If your local school doesn’t have a program, this might be a way for you and your business to help out.